Volunteer with Campus Sustainability
Volunteering is a great way to make direct change on campus and in the community. As a volunteer with Campus Sustainability, you will learn about exciting updates in the community, and get training on how to make more sustainable behaviors in your day-to-day life. Volunteering is also a great way to meet other people interested in sustainability from different departments and backgrounds from around the Treasure Valley and beyond.
Please take a moment to review the Sustainability Volunteer Opportunities available for Fall 2018.
- Parent’s Weekend River Cleanup
- Hyde Park Street Fair Volunteer
- Recycling Volunteer at Taco Bell Arena Events
Some of these opportunities are great to participate in with groups – such as being a Hyde Park Street Fair Recycling Volunteer – where as others have very limited participation and are first-come first-serve.
Do you love to volunteer with Campus Sustainability? Get moved to the top of the volunteer list by signing up to be an Eco-Ambassador. Becoming an Eco-Ambassador has many benefits including:
- First dibs in volunteer opportunities
- Be a part of a great network of movers-and-shakers in the community
- Exclusive trainings and updates
Your commitment as an Eco-Ambassador:
- Participate in at least 3 volunteer opportunities a semester (Semesters = Fall, Spring, Summer)
- Share the information provided in the “update” portion of the monthly newsletter with at least 10 friends, coworkers, or family members
- Share an enthusiasm for giving back to the community and leading Boise State towards a more environmentally, economically, and socially just future.
Starting in September, Campus Sustainability will be sending out a quarterly newsletter with exciting happenings around campus and in the community. If you have ideas, stories, events, or opportunities to share, please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include it in the next update!